A message from Letz Live Director, Nicholas Hare
29 April, 2020
"I’d like to personally update you on our current state of play, in response to COVID-19 and how we are preparing to reignite your gap year program as soon as restrictions are lifted.
Our team may now be working remotely, however we continue to virtually meet. Discussions focus on our programs, applicants and current participants so that we have the latest information and understand how we can best respond to you individually and our wider Letz Live community.
Amidst the unknown and behind the veil of border closures and travel restrictions, we stand ready to help you continue on your program. Our team is in constant communications with our partner schools, discussing options for those who would like to re-engage with the program. Until our government releases official information in regards to when travel will recommence due to COVID-19, we can not commit to a time frame, or a one-size fits all solution. However, we stand committed to helping with your future plans.
Thank you for your ongoing support, we truly appreciate the kind words that have been sent our way. Please look out for further communication to be sent to your inbox."
- Nicholas Hare, Director & Founder
What do the new restrictions involve?
People in the UK will only be allowed to leave their home for the following purposes:
• Shopping for basic necessities, as infrequently as possible
• One form of exercise a day – for example a run, walk, or cycle – alone or with members of your household
• Any medical need, to provide care or to help a vulnerable person
• Travelling to and from work, but only where this is absolutely necessary and cannot be done from home
• Police will have the powers to enforce the rules, including through fines and dispersing gatherings. To ensure compliance with the instruction to stay at home, the government will:
• Close all shops selling non-essential goods, including clothing and electronic stores and other premises including libraries, playgrounds and outdoor gyms, and places of worship
• Stop all gatherings of more than two people in public – excluding people you live with
• Stop all social events, including weddings, baptisms and other ceremonies, but excluding funerals
• Parks will remain open for exercise, but gatherings will be dispersed.
Through personal phone calls to participants and/or host schools, we are able to gage an understanding of action plans and individual's feelings during this unprecedented period. Phone calls with family members has also helped us to form the FAQs section on the COVID-19 page, in the hope to assist our community.
A dedicated COVID-19 page with FAQs, government links to advice, information about travel and a personal note from the group's director has been available since news broke of the virus in Australia. We continue to update this page.
Our sister company Letz Travel has continued to support and plan travel arrangements for our gappies whose decision it was to return to their home country. This has taken a considerable amount of dedication from our team so that all gappies had travel options in a time when airlines and governments were implementing restrictions.
If you’ve purchased travel itineraries via Letz Travel, but are not on a UK Gap Year placement please direct your enquiries through to Claudia Nelson. Our travel team is on standby.
Please email [email protected] with the following details:
• Participant’s full name as per passport
• List three (3) preferred departure dates
• Contact details for parents (telephone number & email)
Please note we will do our best to secure your preferred departure dates, however in the case that we cannot, we will be in touch with your parent/guardian with the next best dates.
Please note that we are experiencing an increasing volume of calls. The best way to enquire about flight options is to send an email. We have a dedicated team processing these emails.
'If you decide to return to Australia, you will now be required to self-isolate for 14 days. This applies to all travellers, including Australian citizens.'
Information regarding how to self-isolate can be found here https://www.health.gov.au/resources/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-isolation-guidance