I hear you ask, “but what is a domestic Gap Year”? Don’t fear, it’s just as much fun as a regular Letz Live Gap Year. You will still get the chance to meet plenty of new friends, do some epic travelling and learn important life skills but all from the safety and comfort of our great Land Down Under! Just like all of our programmes, you can put forward a preference of your location, the school setting and what grades you assist. Letz Live has just launched a domestic Gap Year. Make sure you ask us about availability.
Australian Domestic Gap Year
Let’s break it down to give you more of an idea of what to expect:
- Work in a leading Australian Boarding School in a different city learning new skills and gaining important life and work experience that will allow you to stand out from the crowd in future job interviews. Working in a boarding school provides Gap Assistants with plenty of transferable skills such as the ability to multitask, work in a team environment, patience, resilience and the ability to work under pressure
- Meet some awesome people! A Gap Year just isn’t complete without a long list of amazing new friends that you can share amazing memories with, your fellow Gaps quickly become family and are friends for life
- Experience the bush, the reef, the coastline, take a rural placement or a city placement. If you are from a state where it can be fairly cold, take a Gap Year up North.
- Learn more about your home country with travel to the Northern Territory or along the Great Ocean Road. There is so much to discover.
- The best bit about a domestic Gap Year is that you can always travel home mid-year to see your school friends or have a home-cooked meal!
- You’ll be using the same currency, which always helps to save your money instead of exchanging it when you get home or on arrival at your placement!
Why take a Gap Year
Take a break! You have just been through the most hectic year 12 experiences and you deserve a well-earned break! Taking a year off gives you the chance to determine what you would like to study and the career path you may want to take. A Gap Year can help you solidify your original choice or can give you time to find the degree that aligns with your interests. This often means less chance for you changing degrees half way through or spending more time partying in your first year having to repeat courses. Studies show that there is a strong likelihood that you will do better at university after taking a Gap Year. A year off can allow you to clear your head and become more focused and organised once you do begin studying.
Explore Australia! The whole pandemic has given us the perfect opportunity to explore the wonders of our own backyard. Australia is HUGE and being able to spend a decent amount of time being able to see some of the incredible sites that are on offer is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Think the Great Barrier Reef, Uluru, the wilderness of Tasmania and the stunning coastline of South Australia. Maybe these were places that you said you would get to another time, but now is the time to make it happen! Get out there and support those small businesses and learn more about this incredible country we call home
Plans for next year
If you aren’t sure of what 2021 has in store for you yet but you are thinking you would like to experience something different and have a productive but fun year, then a domestic Gap Year is for you. If you would like more information on the opportunities on offer and what this experience might look like for you, get in touch with one of our team today.
Image credit: Letz Live Gap Assistant Ashley Porter on Magnetic Island, 2020