When you think of Queenstown the first thing that comes to mind is that it is the adventure capital of New Zealand! There are endless amounts of adrenalin activities, epic scenery and that iconic Kiwi friendliness that visitors from all around the world come to experience.
With so many things to see and do the best way to truly experience Queenstown and New Zealand is to take a Gap Year with Letz Live.
Gap Year to New Zealand
Taking a structured Gap Year living and working in a leading boarding school in New Zealand, you have the chance to learn new skills, gain some great work experience, learn more about yourself, meet some awesome people and to spend your holidays exploring this diverse country.
What to do after School
Taking a Gap Year whether just after finishing school or after finishing university is becoming more and more popular and for all the right reasons! Universities and employers are looking for well-rounded individuals who are capable of thinking for themselves and have some real life/world experience behind them. Taking a Gap Year through Letz Live can supply you with the skills and experiences you need to go out and tackle the world!
Gap Year programs in Queenstown
A Gap Year in Queenstown can provide all of this and plenty of great memories and Instagram stories to make everyone back home want to visit! The Letz Live team make it easy for you every step of the way. Letz Live will find you a great job in a leading boarding school, provide support to apply for your visa, if applicable, and help you purchase flights and insurance. The support doesn’t stop there, also included is assistance with the set up of your bank account, obtain a mobile phone sim card and to network with your fellow Gappies at our fun orientation program.
What to do in Queenstown
While you are in Queenstown on your Gap Year make sure that you check out some of the below must do activities:
- Bungy Jump, brave that free fall dive for an adrenalin hit like no other. The Nevis Bungy platform is the third highest in the world at 134 metres high
- Take an exhilarating jet boat ride on the Shotover Jet
- Skydive and see the city and the surrounding mountains from above
- Ski or snowboard all throughout the winter months. Carve up the slopes, Queenstown offers four world-class ski fields within easy driving distance
- White Water Rafting and other water activities are
- Cruise Milford Sound to marvel at the beautiful scenery
- Walk along Lake Wakatipu
- Take the Skyline Gondola up Bob’s Peak for stunning views over the town
- Hike the numerous trails that range from easy walks to strenuous hikes such as the Ben Lomond Hike
- Chow down a famous Ferg Burger, well worth the line up the get your hands around one of these delicious burgers
Taking a Gap Year in New Zealand will provide you with plenty of opportunities to explore Queenstown and the rest of the country with numerous school holidays spaced throughout the year. Having your accommodation and food included the money you earn can go straight toward your holiday fund!
So, whether you are wanting to spend 6 or 12 months abroad, check out the New Zealand Gap Year program today to start your next adventure.